We know how important hair and makeup are to you, especially on your wedding day! We talked to some of our brides and came up with a few tips and tricks that will make your day as flawless as you are! =)
• Be sure to have a hair and makeup trial at least a month before your wedding. This will give you peace of mind to know exactly how you will look and give you the opportunity to change things in advance if necessary. Make sure to bring all jewelry to the trial to see how makeup shades work with the pieces.
• Have your florist deliver your flowers to where you are getting ready, not the ceremony venue. Since you never know when the mood will strike for a great photo, you’ll want your flowers there and ready to go.
• Find out what the rules for photographs are at the ceremony location. All venues are different, some restricting the location of photographs and even the times in which they are permitted.
• If possible, arrange to have your formal photographs taken before the ceremony. Getting this step out of the way early in the day frees up the rest of your time to spend with your guests. You will be able to go straight to cocktail hour and catch up with loved ones without stress. It’s a new age, so it’s no longer considered bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding.
• Have food delivered to your getting ready location. It may be hectic, but take the time to have a bite before the wedding since it will be a while before you have the opportunity to nourish yourself during the reception.
• Prepare an emergency bridal kit with clear nail polish, mints, a sewing kit, stain treater, eye drops, safety pins, bobby pins, pain reliever, and mini deodorant.
• Allowing 50% more time for hair and makeup than you originally anticipated alleviates the number one reason wedding schedules end up running late. This will assure you have plenty of time for all the portraits you want to take before the wedding.
• Make sure you discuss a “rain plan” with your venue just in case Mother Nature doesn’t see sunshine in the cards.
Ashley + Steve - Cota De Caza
Christine + Mark - The Fullerton Club
Jackie + Garrett - Serendipity Gardens
Jenn + Colton - The Cliffs Pismo BeachMakeup by Anna Grimes
Kayla + Jacob - Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa
Yvette + Kenneth - Wayfarers Chapel
Margaret + Bryan - UC Irvine Kelsey + Brent - Fullerton Arboretum
Winner of The Knot Best of Weddings for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and most recently been inducted into the Knot hall of fame. Also featured on the latest issue of Ceremony Magazine (OC), San Diego Style Magazine and winners for Couples Choice 2017, 2018 and 2019 on Wedding Wire/Brides Magazine. A Touch of Soul Productions specializes in Photography, Cinematography and Photo Booth services. We strive to capture your wedding with a fresh perspective and the way it should always be remembered. We are honored to showcase your wedding day through our unique vision and capturing the moments that matter most.